16 Oct Ballarat Disability Support Staff
Posted at 01:56h in
Nextt is a leading provider of programs and supports for people with autism, cognitive and physical disabilities, mental health and dementia. Our expert team are able to offer comprehensive support services in Victoria, NSW, Queensland and South Australia. With over 20 years of experience, we have become a critical part of the community for many people over many years.
Why work with Nextt?
- We are a national company with career progression opportunities across all our offices
- We value the lived experiences of our employees
- We provide variety and flexibility
- We value diversity, collaboration and respect
About the role
We have an exciting opportunities for disability support workers to join our accommodation team in Ballarat. We have a variety of shifts available across weekends, evenings and night.
These roles are based in and around Ballarat.
This role comes with the substantial training, mentoring and support.
To be a successful applicant you will possess the following:
- Interest in finding out how rewarding a career in disability can be.
- Ideally qualifications in disability, or maybe you’re studying a relevant course and have completed at least one placement.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of person centered care.
- Work collaboratively with peers and managers
- Clear police, working with children & DWES checks plus a valid driver’s licence & the right to work in Australia
You will also need to have the following soft skills to be successful in this role:
- Passion and desire to provide excellent customer service
- A team player but with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic
- Moderate to high level of computer literacy including proficiency in data entry.
You will be able to pass our pre-employment checks, including but not limited to a national police check, DWES Check, Working with Children Employee and evidence of your right to work in Australia.